Here’s the info on John’s newest program, now being offered at The Currie Training Center!
An increasing amount of work performed in today’s economy is becoming dependent on projects – both for external customers and inside our own companies. Whichever type of project you may be involved with, this course will be of high value, providing participants with:
- A basic framework for more effective management of projects. The framework is based upon the standards of the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Related project management skillsets
- A useful variety of project management tools and templates
The approach is scalable to be useful with managing various-sized projects. It is also widely applicable to different types of projects.
This is a 15-hour course, delivered in the classroom over two consecutive days. Following a basic overview, each element of the project management model is covered using a 3-step learning cycle:
- The what and why/relevance of each topic
- A relevant example of how it is used in practice
- An opportunity to apply the element to a relevant project from your own practice
A participant manual and worksheets will be provided.
John VanDeusen has two decades of experience and is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP). He was a lead consultant on the implementation of a robust Project Delivery process for CH2M Hill Companies, a top-tier civil engineering company (now merged w Jacobs). He then served as Project Delivery Practice Director at CH2M Hill. In this role, John provided training and consultation for major customer companies in the nuclear complex, construction management, and gas & oil industries. Since 2001, John has continued to teach Project Management with a diverse mix of corporate and public sector client organizations.
Who should attend
- Individuals who currently manage projects and are interested in refining your practice
- Employees who have a high potential for becoming project managers
- Others, whose work is highly interdependent with that of project managers, including core members of project teams, sales and customer relationship partners, functional leads, etc.
- Executives with an interest in fostering more effective, professional project delivery practices in your company
Registration is available on our Schedule of Events page!